I love seasonal scents. I’m not just talking about only holiday scents, there are 4 seasons after all. For example, in the spring, I love the smell of gardens and fresh flowers, in the fall I love scents like Caramel Apple, and Pumpkin Spice. You get the idea. So from now on, I will be posting a short write up, and a link to buy my favorite scent of the month! This is also a great time to point out that you can subscribe to our candle of the month club here, which will feature our scent of the month! 3, 6, and 12 month subscriptions are available!
Vanilla Hazelnut is a perfect blend of warm vanilla and cozy hazelnut. Perfect for curling up with a book and a big mug of coffee on those crisp September mornings. It’s a friendly reminder that Autumn is right around the corner. Enjoy!
When buying soy candles keep these tips in mind:
- Large rooms will require larger candles, or multiple candles. A tea light will not scent a living room. However a larger candle may be too much for a bathroom, depending on your intensity preferences.
- White mottling or splotches are normal in soy candles, and may become more pronounced over time. This is normal and does not affect the scent or function of your candle.
- Keep colored candles out of direct sunlight. They will fade.
There are slight differences when burning soy candles compared to other non soy candles:
- Trim the wick to 1/4″ the first time and every time. This will maintain the burn time, and reduce soot from a too long wick.
- The first time you burn a soy candle make sure to keep it lit for as long as it takes to create a melt pool that reaches the entire outside edge of the container. This seems trivial and unnecessary. It is one of the most important rules of soy candles. If you only burn your candle for 10 minutes, the next time you light the candle, it will never reach the edges, causing a tunnel effect. This makes the wax melt at uneven rates and will cause your candle to extinguish itself prematurely, therefor ruining your candle.
- If your candle has tunneled and will not stay lit, you may use glass container candles with a candle warmer.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended